There is no denying that Disney is one of the greatest entertainment enterprises around. They have theme parks, films, cruise ships, and more. In 2022, those who love to cruise and want to get their fix of Marvel or Star Wars at sea have some exciting new options.
Everything below is on top of the already fantastic cruise experience that Disney Cruise Line offers. We’ve sailed with them close to a dozen times, and they truly offer a premium product with plenty for kids and adults – even those traveling without kids! In fact, the adult-only entertainment areas on DCL are some of our favorite spots at sea - though you can usually find us at Quiet Cove Cafe, the coffee shop and bar right off the adults-only pool area. Of course, we don't stay there all day - we get hungry and go to Remy, one of the onboard specialty restaurants with dishes crafted by chefs from the award-winning Victoria & Albert's.
If, however, you're looking for a bit more excitement on Disney Cruise Line they've got you covered. Check.These.Out.
May the Force Be at Sea
On Star Wars Day at Sea sailings you’ll enjoy:
- Epic encounters with characters including Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Darth Vader.
- Out-of-this-world entertainment, including special Star Wars themed shows, and even a fireworks show at sea set to John Williams’ Star Wars score.
- Galactic activities ranging from costume celebrations to movie screenings, Star Wars Drawing Academy where you can lean to draw your favorite characters, family trivia, BB-8 in the youth club, and more.
Sail to a galaxy far, far away, where you’re invited to experience the heroes, villains and rousing action of the legendary saga. Star Wars Day at Sea—available on select 7-Night Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral—combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney for an engaging, day-long adventure unlike any other.
Star Wars Day at Sea – on the Disney Fantasy from Port Canveral, Florida
- January 8, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- January 15, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- January 22, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- January 29, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- February 5, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- February 12, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- February 19, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- February 26, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- March 5, 2022 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
A Super Celebration
On Marvel Day at Sea sailings you’ll enjoy:
- Mighty encounters with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America and others. Get photos with your heroes and catch them roaming the decks.
- Thrilling entertainment where more than a dozen of your favorite Marvel Superheroes come together, plus late-night dance parties for adults, with appearances by Star-Lord and Gamora.
- Action-packed activities, like costume celebrations, an interactive session called Marvel 101 where you can brush-up on Marvel Universe knowledge, open-air screenings of Marvel films on Funnel Vision out on the open decks, and more.
Take a stand with some of Marvel's mightiest for a heroic day filled with one-of-a-kind entertainment, unforgettable Super Hero sightings and special offerings for the entire family—available on select 5-night cruises from Miami to The Bahamas and the Western Caribbean.
Marvel Day at Sea – on the Disney Magic from Miami, Florida
- January 8, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- January 17, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
- January 22, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- January 31, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
- February 5, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- February 14, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- February 19, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
- February 28, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
- March 5, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
Each of the sailings above include a day celebrating the characters, stories, movies, cartoons, and everything else about either Marvel Superheroes or the Star Wars Universe. In the past they’ve filled up VERY quickly, so act quickly. Our friends and partners at TouringPlans Travel are true Disney pros (seriously, check them out for all things Disney), and can help you plan today - check out their site or request a quote right from here.
Last year, reader and super nice guy Jason Peterson shared his experience day-by-day on our message boards. Be sure to check our his experience enjoying Star Wars at sea on DCL!
If you've ever thought about sailing DCL, but you're not interested in these sailings, let us know, we'd love to chat all about it over a late-night drink at Skyline on Disney Fantasy.