Last week we watched live as Celebrity Equinox sailed out of Port Everglades with her new livery, but there is much more to see than just a new hull color. Equinox is the first Solstice Class ship to complete Celebrity Revolution, the line's $500 million fleet revitalization project. She's got new venues, decor, entertainment, technology, and much more - which we'll be sharing in person soon! While the third ship to undergo this transformation, the others (Millennium and Summit) are Millennium class ships, making this our first opportunity to see how Celebrity is brining this larger class of ship to the Edge.
“Celebrity Equinox holds a very special place in the hearts of everyone at Celebrity Cruises, and also for our guests; this one-of-a-kind ship continues to be the most awarded in our entire fleet,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Now, emerging from her dramatic modernization, our guests are going to love the new, ‘revolutionized’ Celebrity Equinox even more. There is no better way to experience the Caribbean year-round than on board this stunning ship.”
Here are just a few of the new things that cruisers can find on Celebrity Equinox:
• The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
• The awe-inspiring Qsine (formerly Silk Harvest) will feature both the brand-exclusive Le Petit Chef and Friends and the original Le Petit Chef, two amazing dining experiences developed in partnership with TableMationTM and SkullmappingTM that bring the tabletop to life using innovative 4k technology (check it out on Celebrity Edge)
• An exciting new creation, Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, mouthwatering comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating
• Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide with stunning enhancements designed with guest comfort in mind, now all featuring Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding collection with luxurious king-sized Cashmere mattresses
• The launch of an exciting new partnership with the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, featuring S.T.E.M.-focused activations and unique, first-at-sea programming offered as part of the popular Camp at Sea for young cruisers. The interactive programming focuses on two science topics – one on the identification of and solutions related to microplastics and another on the importance and diversity of plankton to the Earth’s oceans and the environment
• Impressive digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi. Guests will also now be able to experience the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, which enables smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
The bow-to-stern transformation began on May 4, 2019 in Cadiz, Spain. It took over 500 engineers, architects, designers, and other professionals a total of 29 days to work with Celebrity's New Builds team in completing the feat.
We're Getting Ready to Share Celebrity Equinox with You!
We've been waiting a long time for Celebrity Revolution, and seeing the design direction Celebrity has taken on Celebrity Edge makes us all the more exited. That's why, on August 31st we'll be setting sail for a seven night sailing aboard Celebrity Equinox and sharing the journey with you. We'll broadcast live from the ship and ports of call, show off our favorite spots on Instagram, and share our days with you on our live blog. Make sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!