Scarlet Lady - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Scarlet Lady

KathyC

So jealous!  We'll be on for a one night preview on March 19th.  If we'd not known about that event already we'd have been finding airfare to NYC yesterday ?

• Like 1

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

2 minutes ago, BigDawgRonAZ said:

Just saw a decent review of the ship on Youtube and I have to say, it doesn't look like the ship is for me.  I will hold out final judgement when I hear from others but right now, I'm not looking to book it.

Would be really interesting to survey cruisers after sailing and see what the divide in general opinion between those who have cruised and those who haven't.  Onbaord experience, activities, etc could also change how people feel (in either direction - making it more or less appealing for some).  For that, we've still got over a month before we get to see much.

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

i also saw same review and little hesitant myself.   since no option to pick cabin location, it wouldnt be nice to be stuck with cabin if only a few days in a undesirable location for the price.  waiting to hear from those "seasoned" cruisers review of their input after doing sailing of overall experience.  only time will tell but let the countdown begin until it debuts.

I'm hesitant to read any reviews at this point, as she hasn't even sailed yet.  I'll reserve judgement until people actually sail on her.  ?  I'm planning on periscoping my arrival to her, to capture my first impressions, then I'll scope as much as they allow once I arrive. 

We are most likely going to go on 3/7 also. The first dining time is sold out, but they have them every 15 minutes. So long as we dont' have to babysit the grandkids that day we will go. 

Kathy, if we get a reservation, I'll let you know the time. Maybe I'll get to meet the POTY in person !!

• Like 1

So this discussion reminds me of the comments on my thread about Edge/Apex. The polarization over innovation that those ships generate can only be more extreme with the Branson product. 

I feel that both Edge class and Scarlet Lady are targeting new demographics as cruisers with the clear knowledge it will not be accepted by the “core” demographic of seasoned cruisers.

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! Change is good and I look forward to it!

BobJ

On 2/22/2020 at 10:08 PM, KathyC said:

So excited!! I'll be on her on March 7th for a pop-up dinner, trying Razzle Dazzles, the vegetarian-inspired restaurant.  I hope to take LOTS of pictures and maybe even periscope if possible.  Yay!! 

I guess I should have picked Pink Agave instead of also going with Razzle Dazzles.  Then I would have been able to share different pictures....

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, mac said:

We are most likely going to go on 3/7 also. The first dining time is sold out, but they have them every 15 minutes. So long as we dont' have to babysit the grandkids that day we will go. 

Kathy, if we get a reservation, I'll let you know the time. Maybe I'll get to meet the POTY in person !!

Yes!! 

5 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Yeah, I saw that too.  No, I haven't gotten any official word yet.  I figure perhaps tomorrow.

How disappointing!

• Sad 1