A heads up on prices - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

A heads up on prices

CruiseHabit Bill

There have been lots of folks speculating about cruise prices because of coronavirus.  Don't expect a ton on inventory to free up in the coming weeks, as people change their "I'm going to cancel" tune when they realize they're not getting money back, and any remaining inventory may be slower to move, but it's still a small number of cabins.

Where you can keep an eye out is sailings that have just hit final payment.  Cruise lines look at what percentage of people drop reservations at this time (remember, different lines have different policies here), and if they see higher churn than usual, that'll be a sign of weakened demand.

There may be some cheaper W coast sailings later today too...

• Like 1

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

So the 'maybe some cheaper sailings on the W coast' scenario happened. Must have been a hunch, huh?

https://www.cruisehabit.com/cruise-deals/celebrity-millennium-adding-pacific-northwest-and-alaska-sailings-april

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KathyC said:

Really don't like the new slats over the Oceanview Bar. Pretty much makes the bar useless in bad weather. 

Wow, you're right.  Just looked at a photo from above and while the bar itself is covered...that's about it.  I'm wondering if this might change on other ships, as I know some "re-engineering" was being done for a similar (though slightly different) problem on Edge.