Recycling on board ships? Celebrity and other lines - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Recycling on board ships? Celebrity and other lines

JLMoran

My wife was asking me today if Celebrity recycles used cans and bottles consumed on board, and I honestly didn't know the answer. Our past experience on Royal Caribbean has been that there are no marked recycling containers on board, and as a result we ended up saving all of our empty water bottles, soda cans, etc. and putting them in plastic bags we had with us; then recycling them we got home from port or at the hotel we were staying at post-cruise.

We're not really going to have that option for our upcoming Celebrity sailing in August, as it's two weeks long and we're staying in Dublin for a few days post-cruise. Please tell me that even if there aren't separate containers marked for recycling, that some kind of action happens on board or after the trash is removed post-cruise to separate out recyclable items from the general landfill!

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020

Cruise ships definitely recycle!  I remember seeing a video once on my stateroom tv all about it, detailing the process. 

A quick google search brought me this recent article, it's mostly about Carnival not doing what it's supposed to do, but if you quickly skim that and get down to the lower part of the article, it mentions other cruise lines. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article235874997.html 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...