NCL's Details on Changes When They Start Sailing - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

NCL's Details on Changes When They Start Sailing

CruiseHabit Bill

I just put out a new video that goes over NCL's new Peace of Mind program with heath and safety changes for when they start sailing again. 

I know a lot of folks have seen their one-pager or email on this, but I wanted to dive into what this actually looks like, how this meshes with expectations we've already established, which things may stick around years from now, etc.

I'd love to get feedback on this and our other recent videos.  Please subscribe while you're at it!

Peace of Mind - NCL's New Health & Safety Measures Explained

92151641_peaceofmindthumbnailwebsmall.jpg.3414797d587aabe870c5f184ab74cf66.jpg

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

I liked this video, gave some good information (and speculation ?). Good to get the understanding of the effectiveness of the new HEPA filters against the virus, as well as those electrostatic sprayer things.

The final decisions on actual capacity limits, any mask use, etc. are what I think all of us are really waiting to hear. Along with how long all of this will end up lasting, and how fast or slow the transition back to standard capacity, easing of social distancing requirements, etc. will be.

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020

Whelp, I just came back and realized I never hit "submit reply" or something when I initially replied.  Ooops.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:10 PM, JLMoran said:

The final decisions on actual capacity limits, any mask use, etc. are what I think all of us are really waiting to hear.

Absolutely.  You, me, and everyone else.  I suspect we'll get that news very soon, but as far as when things will go back to full capacity and such - no one knows that, and I suspect none of us will for a long while.

• Like 1

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast