Cruise Mail!! - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Cruise Mail!!

karl_nj

52 minutes ago, Wilson said:

WoW! I wish Royal still did that. I can remember getting the spiral bound travel books in the mail. I know it boils down to cost, but it was a cool part of the entire cruise experience.

Yeah, it's been a while since i've gotten anything "physical" in the mail before a cruise, since recently i've mostly been sailing on Royal.  It did motivate me to start working on my packing list!

I think Disney still sends the spiral book in the mail; they did at least last time I sailed that line.  But with the prices they charge, I think they can afford it.

I remember ~15 years ago, Cunard would send a padded "leatherette" pouch in the mail, with a spiral bound book, luggage tags, and space to store your boarding pass, etc! 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:12 AM, karl_nj said:

I remember ~15 years ago, Cunard would send a padded "leatherette" pouch in the mail, with a spiral bound book, luggage tags, and space to store your boarding pass, etc! 

I think I still have some of those.  Oceania still does this.  

On 8/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, karl_nj said:

Look what arrived for me in the mail yesterday... nice that celebrity still will physically send you luggage tags upon request.  Reminds me of the "old days"!

Makes it feel all the more 'real', right!  So jealous that you'll be on Edge.  I never stop wanting to be on that ship.

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

7 hours ago, CruiseHabit Bill said:

Makes it feel all the more 'real', right!  So jealous that you'll be on Edge.  I never stop wanting to be on that ship.

yeah, really looking forward to checking out Edge.  Very excited about it, really enjoyed watching all of your social media coverage of the ship over the past few years!

Edge reminds me a little of RCL's Anthem, which is one of my favorite ships, so i think i'm going to like Edge a lot.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, karl_nj said:

Edge reminds me a little of RCL's Anthem, which is one of my favorite ships, so i think i'm going to like Edge a lot.

I've heard folks say that - but so far, they've all only been on one of the two.  Going to put that to the test myself soon as well.  We'll be on Odyssey on Sept 5 🙂

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

On 8/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, CruiseHabit Bill said:

I've heard folks say that - but so far, they've all only been on one of the two.  Going to put that to the test myself soon as well.  We'll be on Odyssey on Sept 5 🙂

Nice!  I thought about booking Odyssey, but by the time I made a final decision, the week I wanted was booked.  That is how I sort of ended up on Edge.  But now I'm really happy it turned out that way.

I think the Edge/Quantum comparisons really come down to Eden/Two70 and 4 little MDR's vs 1 large one.  I guess i'll see if I notice any other similarities once i'm onboard.

My wife and I love getting a light breakfast in Two70, so i'm really happy Edge has a similar venue.  Looking forward to checking that out.