MSC Meraviglia - August 6, 2021, 3 Nights to Ocean Cay - Page 5 - Trip Reports - Post your cruise photos and stories! - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

MSC Meraviglia - August 6, 2021, 3 Nights to Ocean Cay

On 8/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mike at Sea said:

On a separate note, the day we booked (7/23) I submitted a status match through the website and have gotten no response. Emailed both MSC Voyager Club and reservations last week and emails went unanswered.  It would be nice to get the benefits, but not holding out hope.  I've seen on some other boards that status match can be hit-or-miss for US residents.

I had a similar experience with status match, but after emailing MSC Voyager Club about 2 weeks after submission, even though I didn't hear from them, I logged in and saw they had completed my status match. Hopefully you'll have a similar or better experience!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mrp4352 said:

I had a similar experience with status match, but after emailing MSC Voyager Club about 2 weeks after submission, even though I didn't hear from them, I logged in and saw they had completed my status match. Hopefully you'll have a similar or better experience!

Thanks @mrp4352.  Will give that a try!

@twangster, thanks for the review of Meraviglia and Ocean Cay! Might have missed it, but did you see any of the on-board shows during the sailing? You had mentioned the one theater that had a show happening later that night, which you took pics of but I guess you didn't attend the show?

Just wondering how they compare with show reviews I've read for Seaside and Divina; opera-heavy and/or very... eclectic? Is that the right word here? I know MSC is working to cater better to US audiences for their US ships and still learning what works and what doesn't, curious to see if this ship marks a step forward in that process.

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Note the little lights above the door.  Instead of hanging something on your door when your want privacy or need the cabin serviced there are switches inside that control these small LEDs above the doors so that crew know if they can knock or enter.

I first saw this on Norwegian Breakaway; thought it was a great idea.  Surprised more cruise lines don't do something similar on their newer ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

@twangster, thanks for the review of Meraviglia and Ocean Cay! Might have missed it, but did you see any of the on-board shows during the sailing? You had mentioned the one theater that had a show happening later that night, which you took pics of but I guess you didn't attend the show?

Just wondering how they compare with show reviews I've read for Seaside and Divina; opera-heavy and/or very... eclectic? Is that the right word here? I know MSC is working to cater better to US audiences for their US ships and still learning what works and what doesn't, curious to see if this ship marks a step forward in that process.

The showtimes for the vaccinated sessions didn't align with my plans.  

The descriptions certainly didn't sound opera centric.

I plan to go back and will have more time on a longer cruise.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Cruise Summary

Since this was my first time sailing with MSC my approach for this cruise was to basically forget everything I knew about cruising.  It's too easy to fall into the trap of comparing everything to a cruise line you may have sailed last or more frequently.  

Walking onto a ship with a "I've never sailed before" mentality lets you relive that special first time you walked onto a cruise ship and it helps to remove any preconceived notions you may have about a different cruise line.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise and for the price it was outstanding value.  

I hope this helps you decide if Meraviglia is the right ship for you and I thank you for viewing.  

Wonderful review and photos, as usual.  Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

I agree -- it's always fun to branch out and check out a new cruise line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karl_nj said:

I first saw this on Norwegian Breakaway; thought it was a great idea.  Surprised more cruise lines don't do something similar on their newer ships.

This has confused me for years, as every ship I remember being on until the 2000s had this.  Ships built decades before I was on them in the 80s and 90s had this, simple switches to indicate DND/need service/off.  I'm so confused to see all the tech on ships, yet not this. 

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast