Best Cruise Ever! - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Best Cruise Ever!

mrp4352

Morning!  In an effort to escape the real world, I've been cruise dreaming!  What's your Best Cruise Ever and why?

Mine is the first Alaskan cruise I took in May of 2012. We sailed the Disney Wonder out of Vancouver and spent the whole week in awe! The scenery and the weather were beautiful!  For my birthday, my Dad bought the Enchanted Taku Lodge excursion for us - float planes are wondrous things, and even better when they soar over glaciers!

Bonus cruise - the Disney Dream Maiden Voyage. While not my favorite cruise (in part because of the itinerary), they truly rolled out the red carpet and made everyone on board feel like a VIP for the cruise!

• Like 1

Only been on three cruises (one a repeat), but will say my best cruise so far was the one I took with just my wife to Bermuda. Short 5-night trip on Anthem out of our home port, but our first "just us" trip in many years and so relaxing! We absolutely loved Bermuda, and it's become a place we want to visit as much as possible.

• Like 1

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020

I really enjoyed our 14 night Mediterranean cruise round trip from Barcelona. It had stops mostly in Italy including overnights at Rome and Venice. It was on Brilliance of the Seas. My wife and I took this trip before having kids. We were seated with two other couples at dinner. One couple was from The Uk and the other from Spain. We even coordinated our trips to specialty restaurants together. 

Jason Peterson

Cruising since 2002

Our best cruise ever was our first cruise, the one that addicted us to cruising.  Majesty of the Seas, she was three months old and the biggest at the time.  We had a great table to eat with, amazing entertainment (Fifth Dimension and Jerry Van Dyke) and just an amazing time.  27 years later we're still cruising as our primary vacation type! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jedi Jason said:

I really enjoyed our 14 night Mediterranean cruise round trip from Barcelona. It had stops mostly in Italy including overnights at Rome and Venice. It was on Brilliance of the Seas. My wife and I took this trip before having kids. We were seated with two other couples at dinner. One couple was from The Uk and the other from Spain. We even coordinated our trips to specialty restaurants together. 

Ohhhh... That's on my list!!  We're doing a 7-night Italy cruise next year - Venice to Rome.  I can't wait!!