Stockholm post-cruise - Europe - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Stockholm post-cruise

mrp4352

Hi!

Currently we have a day room booked at the airport after our cruise (darn 9:30pm flight), but the cruise planner (we're on RCI) is now offering the stay later option for debarkation day. Has anyone done that? How late do you get to stay?  I'm trying to decide if we would be late enough getting to the airport that I can release the day room at the airport hotel or would we still have several hours at the airport before we can check our bags.  (I know we could be using that time to tour Stockholm, but I'm travelling with my mom and she is already stressing over how that would work with our bags and all, so I'm looking at other options.)

Thanks!!

Michelle

I'm sailing Celebrity and have this option as well. Assuming it's the same with Royal (same parent company, after all), my Cruise Planner indicates you can stay on the ship up until 90 minutes before scheduled departure. See if your Cruise Planner has the same language in the Overview section of that offering.

Assuming it's the same, you'll have to find out when the next sailing on that ship is leaving from that port, then see how that works relative to your 9:30 flight and the driving time to get to the airport.

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020

On 2/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, JLMoran said:

I'm sailing Celebrity and have this option as well. Assuming it's the same with Royal (same parent company, after all), my Cruise Planner indicates you can stay on the ship up until 90 minutes before scheduled departure. See if your Cruise Planner has the same language in the Overview section of that offering.

Assuming it's the same, you'll have to find out when the next sailing on that ship is leaving from that port, then see how that works relative to your 9:30 flight and the driving time to get to the airport.

Thanks!! I couldn't find anything on the Royal planner, but 90 minutes would be great! That would let us stay on board until 4:30, which would still be early to the airport, but not so early that we couldn't deal with it. And I would think the ship would be much more comfortable than a hotel room.  

1 hour ago, mrp4352 said:

Thanks!! I couldn't find anything on the Royal planner, but 90 minutes would be great! That would let us stay on board until 4:30, which would still be early to the airport, but not so early that we couldn't deal with it. And I would think the ship would be much more comfortable than a hotel room.  

I know they often have a couple paragraphs of fine print at the bottom of each excursion / on-board purchase option; maybe they have it documented there?

if not, I would advise calling Royal or your TA to confirm that it’s the same 90 minutes, just to be sure it’s worth booking.

• Like 1

- Joe -

Upcoming cruises:

• 14-night Western Med and Adriatic Medley - Regal Princess - July 16, 2022 (tentative)

Completed cruises:

• Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 19, 2019
  • Bermuda - Anthem of the Seas - October 13, 2018
  • Eastern Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - March 31, 2018

Canceled / Covid-19 impacted

• Greenland & Iceland Transatlantic - Celebrity Summit - August 2, 2020