Celebrity in Ft Lauderdale - Cruise Chat - CruiseHabit Cruise Community Jump to content

Celebrity in Ft Lauderdale

KathyC

Looking at flights for January.  Not loving my choices at the moment in my price point, but there is one evening flight I do like.  My problem is what to do with my luggage all day?  Does Celebrity offer any luggage service to the airport so we don't have to drag it around?  Since everything is so close, I thought about dropping the luggage off at the airport, then heading back into town for the day, but I know most airlines do not let you check in luggage more than four hours before your flight.  I know I could rent a hotel room for the day and leave my luggage there, but most don't allow 9am check ins, haha, plus if I pay for that it just increases my flight costs.  I could just fly out earlier and pay more. 

Last (and only) time we sailed Celebrity we disembarked in San Juan, and there was a local restaurant that would store your luggage for you, so we did that and I didn't think about what the cruise line offered.  Did I quick search online and nothing came up other than post-cruise tours.  But since Celebrity is moving into that higher level of service, I am hoping it's a service they may provide.  Like a put your luggage out the night before and the luggage shows up at the airport.  

I know covid restrictions have changed a lot, so it's a service that may not be offered right now, but is it something that Celebrity has offered in the past (and I can hope to be returned by Janaury)? 

In multiple cities and countries I've stowed bags at a hotel (even if not staying there).  They're used to holding bags on the first and last days for their hotel guests, and have the space for it.  The concierge has always been happy to hold my bags for a small tip.  I just ask if I can leave my bags with them while wondering the city.  We actually had some friends do this in Ft Lauderdale a few weeks back, on the day Edge was late leaving.

Disney nut, cruise fiend, tech geek, condescending elitist.
I talk ship at CruiseHabit.com
Frequent 'No One Else Was Available' guest on RoyalCaribbeanblog.com/podcast

Thanks.  I had thought about asking at the pre-cruise hotel if we could come back afterwards and see if they would store it for the day, once we chose that...LOL   But I didn't want to choose where we were staying until we knew our flights and what time we'd be arriving.  We ended up choosing a different airline and found flights that were more favorable to when we wanted to fly, so disembarkation day isn't an issue now.   I still need to book the pre-cruise hotel though.  Quite a few were already sold out - I was very surprised.